What Is a Performance Planner in Google Ads?
May 2019 saw the unveiling of a game-changing feature in the world of advertising by Google Ads – known as the Google Ads Performance Planner, this tool has the potential to make a significant difference for advertisers. If you’re here, you’re likely keen to explore what this tool brings to the table and discover how it can elevate your conversion rate and PPC campaign performance.
Before we get into its practical application in Google Ads management, let us first understand what is a performance planner in Google Ads.
Explore: What is a Performance Planner in Google Ads?
The Google Ads Performance Planner is a tool that allows you to create plans for estimating the impact of modifications and budget adjustments on key metrics and ad performance. It is a tool for determining appropriate expenditure levels and managing your budget for optimal efficiency.
This Google Ads application simplifies the management of sponsored ad campaigns. It provides insights into the outcomes of specific adjustments and their impact on key metrics and overall performance. It also suggests budget allocation and suitable areas to investigate following your campaign goals.
With the basics covered, we can now explore how to use performance planner Google Ads for more effective PPC campaign optimization and, as a result, enhance your ROI.
Using Google Ads Performance Planner to Enhance Your Ad Results
You must first develop a simulation strategy before you can improve your PPC performance with Google Ads Planner. Let me walk you through the steps you should take.
- Sign in to your Google Account: First things first, you will need a Google account. If you do not have one yet, go ahead and create it. Once you have got your Google account up and running, sign in using those credentials.
- Performance Planner: Spot the tool icon, click on it, and then select ‘Performance Planner.’ Now, dive into action by using the Performance Planner tool to kickstart your journey.
- Create Plan: Spot the plus button, click on it, and create a new plan.
- Selecting Campaign: Choose the campaign with similar objects now.
- A Quick Guide to Selecting Your Date Range and Key Metric:
- Google Ads Performance Planner allows you to choose a future date and plan your PPC performance for the subsequent month, quarter, or year, based on your goals. You can also forecast and optimize for clicks, conversions, or conversion values, aligning with the performance indicators that are most important to your company objectives.
- Remember that you can change the date range and key metrics even after the Google Ads tool has delivered the initial results. This enables you to return and make modifications as necessary.
- Create the plan: After completing that step, click ‘Create,’ and you will be redirected to a page where you’ll receive a summary of the plan.
- On the forecast graph, the gray dot reflects your predicted performance based on your current campaign settings. Meanwhile, the blue dot represents the Predicted performance with the parameters you intend to utilize.
- Plan evaluation and improvement: Click on Improve Plan In this case, Google Ads Planner develops a projection by taking optimal bid and budget recommendations into account. This helps you to enhance conversions without increasing your spending.
- When Compared to Previous Configurations: Click on compare. This enables you or your Google Ads account manager to quickly examine your expenditure, conversions, and average cost per action (CPA) in a side-by-side comparison of your current settings, prospective settings, and prior campaign success.
- Including an Optimization Target in Your Plan: You can select whether or not to include a “Target,” but it’s a good idea to include it if you have certain goals in mind for conversion volume, spending, or average CPA. When you select your CPA or ROAS (return on ad spend) goal, the Google Ads Planner will adapt your prospective spending to assist you in meeting your goals.
- Obtain the Result: You can use Google Ads Performance Planner to forecast, but keep in mind that any adjustments will not be instantaneously reflected in your Google Ads accounts. To let these changes take effect, you must first download a file and then manually upload it via Google Ads Editor.
What Does A Performance Planner Automatically Do?
1) Precision Ability to Remove Uncertainty
Previously, you or your Google Ads account manager may have made continual changes to your campaigns, unsure of what would work or fail. This Google Ads tool removes all doubt.
The projections offer data-driven insights into how various elements influence your Google Ads campaign. With this information, you can make informed decisions that provide the desired results, eliminating the need for trial and error.
2) Predicting Outcomes Before Making Changes: The Power at Your Fingertips
Concerning the first point, operating a Google Ads campaign frequently entails testing new strategies to improve your budget. While this method can help you discover efficient techniques, you should be mindful that it can also hurt your ad performance.
Before we get into how it may be used effectively in Google Ads management, let’s first grasp what Google Ads Performance Planner performs. It simply assists you in avoiding putting your PPC performance at risk by providing insights into potential outcomes before implementing your desired changes. It paints a clear picture of how these changes can affect both your Google Ads budget and your PPC ROI. Finally, it fine-tunes campaign parameters and analyzes their impacts more conveniently than before.
3) Using This Tool, You Can Maximize Seasonal Opportunities
You can access seasonal forecasts, which is a significant benefit of using the Performance Planner or partnering with a PPC marketing agency that uses it.
Seasonal changes can be unsettling, but this Google Ads tool excels at identifying growth opportunities for your Ads, especially during usually slow or seasonal times. With its help, you can efficiently handle your finances across multiple accounts and campaigns.
4) Getting the Most Out of Your Google Ads Budget
Google Ads performance planner ensures optimal allocation of your budget for maximum PPC ROI. It accomplishes this by providing insights into the costs associated with campaign tweaks and whether additional investment can yield improved results. Additionally, it recommends whether a budget increase can optimize your PPC campaigns.
In essence, Performance Planner gives you the ability to determine the optimal budget for your Google Ads campaigns. This helps you to make the most of your investment while also taking advantage of fresh growth prospects.
How Can A Performance Planner Serve Your Business in Maximizing ROI?
A performance planner enables you to build the most effective Google Ads budget for your PPC campaigns, ensuring you get the most out of your investment and capitalize on new growth prospects.
In simple terms, Performance Planner helps you determine the right budget for your Google Ads campaigns, ensuring you get the most out of your investment and seize new growth opportunities.
- Check that the campaigns in your plan have the same goals. Your plan must be cohesive; if one campaign is aimed at attaining a specific CPA goal while another is aimed at increasing brand awareness, the plan will lack clarity and efficiency.
- Some campaigns will not qualify for the Performance Planner. Search campaigns must have enough data history to be considered for planning.
- The closeness of your forecast period has a direct impact on the accuracy of your plan. Your forecasts get more reliable as the date approaches. When forecasting for the distant future, keep in mind that different things may change before your selected date, affecting the forecast’s accuracy.
- The Google Performance Planner forecasts are not set in stone. They are data-driven predictions aimed to guide your actions and assist you in efficiently optimizing your PPC campaigns.
To maximize the potential of this Google Ads feature, keep in mind that enlisting a PPC marketing firm is key. Instead of investing substantial time and effort into self-teaching, a professional PPC ad firm can guide you in harnessing the tool’s full potential, freeing you to concentrate on crafting vital business strategies.
Understanding Google Ads Performance Planner’s Functions
Now that you understand what Google Ads Performance Planner is and why it is useful, let’s look at how it works. Let me explain how this tool can help you. You can use data analysis to make informed predictions about the performance of your marketing campaigns. Google Performance Planner analyzes a massive database of billions of search queries. It then uses this data to generate simulations of relevant Ad auctions based on the most recent 7-10 days. Furthermore, the tool includes auction statistics, seasonal patterns, and other critical elements to assess how any changes to your campaign affect the success of your advertising.
Google evaluates how your campaigns are now performing in comparison to their expected performance once you have completed the simulations and collected all of the data. This evaluation is critical for improving your projections using machine learning.
Investigating Common Google Campaign Types
- Brand Search: We focus on terms that are directly related to your company or products in branded search Ads. These campaigns allow you the ability to emphasize certain content and drive readers to the exact landing pages you desire on your website. This strategy is especially beneficial when your site already has a high organic rating because it protects your brand’s name from being outbid by competitors. However, it’s critical to keep an eye out for irrelevant phrases.
- Non-Branded Search: Non-branded search campaigns are rather simple. They’re all about increasing your ranks for non-brand-related keywords. While these initiatives are more time and money-consuming, they are intended to bring more unique visits to your website. What’s vital to remember here is a customer’s lifetime worth.
- Google Shopping: If you own an online store, Google Shopping is a must-explore channel. It is quite effective in attracting new clients. When a user searches for a specific product, they are presented with a visual display that includes photographs, pricing, and reviews that are relevant to their search. And here’s an expert tip: creating a branded Shopping campaign can boost your traffic significantly. Without this segmentation, non-branded terms may consume your money, resulting in no actual customer conversions. As a result, if possible, building a different campaign suited to your brand traffic is a wise choice.
- Retargeting: Many people do not purchase their first visit to your website. This is where retargeting comes in. It enables you to communicate with these visitors even after they have left your website. You may entice them back in by giving them unique communications. Retargeting, when done correctly, can increase both return visits and first-time purchases. It isn’t just for new consumers; it can also be used to keep existing customers engaged and persuade them to invest more. The best aspect is that the precise placement of your adverts is less important in this context because visitors are already familiar with your branding. What counts most is how you segment your audience based on their activity, and this is the key to making a large impact.
- Display Ads: Consider employing managed placements outside of Google’s Display Network for better control over where your Display Ads appear. This option allows you to secure ad space directly on external websites, albeit it may be more expensive. You can proceed with this method once you’ve identified websites that work well for your marketing.
Increase Your PPC ROI with Expert Google Ads Help!
The Google Ads Performance Planner is an effective tool that allows you or your pay-per-click consultant to find growth opportunities and improve your search engine optimization performance. It enables you to create a detailed projection, streamline your ad budget, and effectively manage your account, all to attain your targeted PPC return on investment. You now have a greater understanding of the Google Ads platform, its capabilities, campaign types, and how they fit into your entire marketing plan.If you’re still uncertain about how to use it, why not consider Forge Digital Marketing as your go-to solution? Our experienced specialists have a deep understanding of conducting exceptional PPC campaigns. We have years of experience to fulfill your PPC campaign needs for success. Contact us today to supercharge your PPC campaigns using performance planner Google Ads.