Facebook rolls out video reel feature on mobile
Facebook has surprised mobile users tonight with an exciting new feature. The social media giant has added a new feature tab (play button, bottom, second from left) to the mobile app. This feature gathers videos from users and pages you follow, both live and pre-recorded uploads, as well as suggested content. My guess is the app will pull data about what you end up watching and use this to better suggest content because right now all we keep seeing is live pearl unboxing videos… weird, I know.
What does this mean for marketers?If you haven’t started creating video content for your brand. Man, are you behind! This is going to add one more layer of ways to get found online. With video already being the number one in user engagement and reach, and live surging to the forefront, you simply must get on board with this important content marketing technique or risk falling behind.
Need some help getting started? Here are a few tips:
- You don’t need fancy video gear to produce good content. Pick up your smartphone and hit record.
- Don’t be afraid to go LIVE! No one will judge your word fumbling; you’re only human and authenticity is treasured.
- It doesn’t have to be long. Try for 2 min to start.
- Provide some value/education within your industry.
- Always ask your viewers to like and share your content so others can benefit from your video. Ask at the beginning and end of your live stream or the end of a prerecorded video. Did you forget? Edit in an end card thanking your viewers and ecouraging them to share!