eCommerce, Email Marketing, MarketingOne of the top challenges marketers face today is innovating their marketing strategies. Other top challenges include engaging customers in real-time and creating a cohesive customer journey. Following the latest digital marketing trends could help you overcome these challenges. Here are eight important trends to consider using in 2022. Following these trends can help you get ahead of the competition. Meanwhile, you can remain relevant, attract more customers, and set your business up to grow. Don’t fall behind the times! Instead, give your digital marketing strategy the boost it needs. Discover the latest trends with this guide today.
1. Artificial IntelligenceArtificial intelligence (AI) is empowering many different digital marketing trends this year. Companies can use AI to streamline operations or automate simple tasks. Automation can save your team valuable time and energy. Instead of wasting time on simple, repetitive tasks, you can automate those tasks to boost their productivity. An increase in productivity can improve your output. Your bottom line could improve as a result. Consider using AI to personalize your email marketing strategy. You can automate emails based on specific user behaviors. For example, you can use AI for digital marketing eCommerce. If someone abandons their cart, you can automatically send them an email. The email will show consumers the specific product they forgot. You can also use automation to send customers product recommendations. AI could enhance your content creation strategy, too. Automation components of your pay-per-click (PPC) advertising strategy could save you valuable time and money as well.
2. Influencer MarketingConsumers want to choose brands they can trust. As a result, many consumers turn to recommendations from their peers. As you explore the latest marketing trends, consider using influencer marketing this year. You can find an influencer your ideal customers already know and trust. An influencer can promote your product, service, or brand. Their recommendation could help you generate more leads and sales. Influencers already have a strong following of loyal consumers who trust their recommendations. You can leverage their existing reach and brand trust. Consumers might feel more inclined to trust your brand as a result. Consider using influencer marketing as part of your social media marketing strategy this year.
3. ChatbotsSome of these digital marketing trends go hand-in-hand. For example, the growth of artificial intelligence created new improvements for chatbot marketing. Chatbots and virtual assistants allow businesses to automate their customer service. Automation can ensure consumers receive the help they need, when they need it. They no longer have to remain on hold for help from a support agent. You can use chatbots on your website, social media accounts, or other platforms to handle customer inquiries. Consider automating a chatbot to answer frequently asked questions. If the consumer has a more complex issue, the chatbot can direct them to an agent. Simplifying the customer’s online experience can improve their experience. You can offer them the ease and convenience they’re looking for online. Otherwise, consumers might get frustrated if they’re left to remain on hold for too long. If they struggle to find answers to their questions, they might take their business elsewhere. You can also use AI to personalize the customer’s online experience. Instead of treating consumers like a number, personalization allows you to treat them like a person. Consumers will remember their positive interactions with your business. They might tell friends and family members, allowing you to benefit from word-of-mouth marketing.
4. PersonalizationAbout 74% of people get annoyed when website content doesn’t appeal to their interests. Consumers might leave your brand for another if you don’t personalize communications. As you start using these trends, try to personalize your overall marketing strategy. Create content and messages for distinct buyer personas. Show consumers you understand their unique wants, needs, and pain points. You might have an easier time connecting with customers on an emotional level. Personalizing could improve your marketing strategy by generating eight times the ROI. It could lift sales by 10% as well.
5. Shoppable PostsIf you want to enhance your social media marketing strategy this year, consider creating shoppable posts. Consumers want an easy, convenient, fast online experience. Shoppable posts can improve your digital marketing eCommerce strategy. Consumers can make a purchase straight from social media platforms like Instagram. They won’t have to visit your website, find the product, and waste valuable time. Instead, shoppable posts streamline the experience. You could generate more sales as a result.
6. Hybrid EventsThe pandemic forced businesses to close and follow social distancing requirements. In response, more marketers hosted virtual events to reach customers online. Today, virtual events are still an effective way to engage customers in real-time. Now that businesses are opening back up, you can still use virtual events to engage and attract customers. Instead of remaining completely virtual, however, more businesses are creating hybrid events. Hybrid events will allow you to engage customers online and in person. You can still reach consumers who prefer to interact from the comfort of their own homes. Meanwhile, you can also cater to audiences who prefer in-person interactions. You can use technology like AR and VR to create an immersive experience for customers, too.
7. High-Quality ContentOne of the benefits of digital marketing is its ability to demonstrate your experience and expertise. Demonstrating your expertise could help brand trust grow. Consumers might feel more confident in shopping from your brand as a result. To demonstrate your expertise, consider updating your content marketing strategy. Create blog posts that provide consumers with helpful advice and tips. They’ll start to rely on you for help in the future.
8. Cookie AlternativesConsumers want greater privacy protection and more control over their data. As a result, Google announced a plan to phase out support for third-party cookies. You might need to gather and exploit first-party data in the future as a result. You can use tools like FLoC and Google’s Privacy Sandbox to accomplish your personalization goals instead.
Set for Success: 8 Essential Digital Marketing Trends for 2022Following the latest digital marketing trends can help you stand out from the competition online. You can improve your marketing strategy and start reaching more customers. As you expand your reach, you can generate more leads and sales. Set your business up for success by following these trends today! Need help leveling up your marketing strategy? We can lend a hand. Contact us today to get started.